[tex-live] Installation on Windows: Setting the repository

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue Mar 29 01:34:32 CEST 2011

    http://www.tug.org/texlive/doc/tlmgr.html#option -

It is also early in the tlmgr doc:
http://www.tug.org/texlive/doc/tlmgr.html#examples

    at least it's NOT mentioned in
    http://www.tug.org/texlive/windows.html

windows.html is for Windows-specific things, don't want to duplicate all
the generic stuff.  As the first line says, "the general documentation
applies".

    or http://www.tug.org/texlive/doc.html

That is the main doc page with pointers to all kinds of documentation.
Again, not for duplicating all the actual information.  It says, "If you
don't care to read documentation ... try this quick Unix install
recipe", pointing to
http://www.tug.org/texlive/quickinstall.html#updates which says "If you
want to update packages from CTAN after installation...".

Anyway, I made some changes along these lines.  I'll put more in the
main documentation too (though I expect hardly anyone will ever read it
there).

    PS: IMHO tlcontrib should also be mentioned there. :-)

Ok.  I added a link to quickinstall.

Thanks,