[tex-live] Issue with the latest biber version solved by clearing the cache

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Mar 17 16:00:01 CET 2011

On Mar 17, 2011, at 9:41 AM, Erwan Le Pennec wrote:

>    Oops, I was too optimistic. There seems to be another bug. LaTeX outputs now the following error:
> ERROR: Undefined control sequence.
>    \bibnamedelima
>    Adding
> \newcommand{\bibnamedelima}{~}
>    seems to solve this issue...
>
>        Erwan
>
> On 17/03/11 15:30, Erwan Le Pennec wrote:
>>    Dear all,
>>
>>    I had an issue with the latest biber version (0.8.3). Launching it on any document fails with a fatal error:
>> FATAL - Error loading data source package 'Biber::Input::file::bibtex': data source
>>    I was able to solve this issue by clearing biber cache ( /tmp/par-usename/ in linux, see biber manual for other Os). Maybe this will help someone...
>>
>>        Yours,
>>
>>            Erwan

Howdy,

The latest biber (0.8.3) is meant to be used with biblatex 1.3 and can produce errors like you mentioned with biblatex 1.2a. There really should be some sort of dependency between the biblatex package and biber if possible. I'd expect the biblatex 1.3 package to get installed tomorrow or so depending upon how quickly it propagates to repositories.

I downloaded and temporarily installed biblatex 1.3 from CTAN in my personal texmf tree and it all seems to work fine.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)