[tex-live] pgf

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 04:13:42 CET 2011

On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 7:44 PM, Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org> wrote:
> Hi Bob,
>
>    http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=3077720&group_id=142562&atid=752792
>
> If you feel like trying to figure out the change (reversion, most
> likely) that needs to be made to pgf, I could ask Till et al. about
> installing it.  I expect he'd be ok with it.
>
>    There's no sign of action toward fixing the bug.
>
> Indeed, Till evidently no longer has time to actively maintain tikz/pgf,
> and no one else has come forward.
>
>    Is it possible to revert to an earlier version using tlmgr
>
> If you have the old version in tlpkg/backups, then I guess it would be
> theoretically possible.  It would be unlikely to be able to do it over
> the net, unless you can find a sufficiently stale mirror.
>
>    or do I have to install the older version by hand in a local texmf tree?
>
> That sounds like a much simpler/easier/better approach to me :).
>
> Best,
> karl

Version 2.1 contains many new libraries. Also version 2.0 is not
compatible with gnuplot 4.4

Also, looking at cvs version at SourceForge one can find ChangeLog
which shows the certain level of activity:

2011-01-22 Till Tantau <tantau at users.sourceforge.net>

	- Worked on dv documentation.

2011-01-05  Christophe Jorssen <cjorssen at users.sourceforge.net>

	- Attempt to fix a bug #1911195 with pgfpages and rotation (fix
	contributed by Mark Wibrow). Note: Mark was not sure it has side
	effects.

2010-12-17  Christophe Jorssen <cjorssen at users.sourceforge.net>

	- Documentation will now compile with auto-xref enabled (a problem
	with \_ in the graph lib not handled correctly by
	pgfmanual.pdflinks.code.tex).
	- Fix bug #3104978 thanks to Heiko Oberdiek patch on ctt.

2010-12-17 Till Tantau <tantau at users.sourceforge.net>

	- Changed the graph syntax for anonymous nodes in the graph
	library and simplified the as= syntax.
	- Added fresh nodes options to graph library.

2010-12-14 Till Tantau <tantau at users.sourceforge.net>

	- Fixed graph lib so that it compiles with plain TeX.

2010-12-10 Till Tantau <tantau at users.sourceforge.net>

Victor