[tex-live] Testing and Upgrading on Windows

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Thu Jun 30 02:12:49 CEST 2011

On Mi, 29 Jun 2011, texlive.jlists at spamgourmet.com wrote:
> Since the things that went wrong below are due to spaces in directory names,

I am not sure how this happend, because several people on this list
and our dev list tested it with spaces in names ... including me,
spaces in the path of the installer as well as in the path of the
install destination.

Did you use a recent installer? There were some changes 2 weeks ago
AFAIR:

> That said, what the installer is doing here is "uncommon": Files installed
> normally do not get accessed immediately after. - This *might* be the reason
> (one of the reasons?) here.

Well, because we are not having a stupid simple system to install, like
MS Office ;-)

Best wishes

Norbert