[tex-live] Synctex broken after update (OS X with TeXShop)

Ettore Aldrovandi ealdrov at mail.math.fsu.edu
Wed Jun 22 18:13:03 CEST 2011

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 08:09:43AM -0700, Richard Koch wrote:

> SyncTeX in TeX Live 2011 requires TeXShop 2.42. This is available in the full

Hello,

just for information, this may not be related, but synctex was indeed
broken until recently. Running synctex view directly would result in:

SyncTeX ERROR: SyncTeX Error: Bad preamble

It is fixed in the current revision.  I just updated and it's gone.
It's not OS X specific, BTW.  I noticed the same thing on Solaris.
There it caused emacs + auctex + xpdf to fail to display, whereas
Skim+Emacs in OS X did not seem affected.

--
Ettore Aldrovandi
Department of Mathematics, Florida State University