[tex-live] Is there a way to get mtmi.tfm font?

Philip TAYLOR (Webmaster, Ret'd) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Tue Jun 21 19:35:54 CEST 2011

Robin Fairbairns wrote:
 > Peng Yu<pengyu.ut at gmail.com>  wrote:
 >
 >> The problem for me is that some pdf file use MTMI font. In order to
 >> copy characters in that font from Acrobat, I have to have a system
 >> font of exactly the same. Otherwise, Acrobat will not recognize.
 >
 > but without buying a copy of mtmi, you can't install it as a system
 > font.  however, mtmi isn't for sale anywhere, that i know of.

It doesn't exist : "the font MTMI is a virtual one, combining characters
from Times Italic with additional characters (such as an italic
letter v looking less like the Greek letter nu) contained in a font
RMTMI."

So Yu needs Times Italic, which he probably already has, and RMTMI.
** Phil.