[tex-live] Is there a way to get mtmi.tfm font?

Peng Yu pengyu.ut at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 18:14:36 CEST 2011

Hi Robin,
The problem for me is that some pdf file use MTMI font. In order to
copy characters in that font from Acrobat, I have to have a system
font of exactly the same. Otherwise, Acrobat will not recognize.

You mentioned "Personal TeX Inc sell version 2, and there _is_ a
usable minimal font subset available for free: see
http://www.pctex.com/mtpro2.html#MTPro2_Lite". Due to the above
reason, I think that MTPro2_Lite probably is of no use to me. Please
correct me if my understanding is wrong.

I don't have much knowledge on how to install a font. Would you please
show me from the following file step by step, what I should do to
install the font as system font so that a 3rd party software like
Acrobat can use it? Thanks.

http://ctan.binkerton.com/fonts/mt11p.zip

--
Regards,