[tex-live] Xindy broken in TL2011 pretest?

Simon Spiegel simon at simifilm.ch
Tue Jun 7 14:04:40 CEST 2011

On 07.06.2011, at 13:55, Joachim Schrod wrote:

> Richard Koch wrote:
>
> Dick, Simon,
>
> I think I don't understand Simon's situation completely.
>
> The issue, as far as I see it, is that (a) clisp (a.k.a. xindy.run)
> is called and (b) the call aborts without any error message. To run
> properly, the executable and the .mem file must be found, and the
> .mem file must fit to the executable. (Just imagine TeX and
> non-portable .fmt files and you have the right picture.)
>
> Simon, do you use the Intel 64-bit distribution, or the 32-bit
> universal distribution?

I normally use the 64-bit version, but it doesn't make any difference. If I switch to the 32-bit
universal distribution (which can be done easily thanks to Dick's TeX Distribution prefpane), the result is the same. I actually just did an install if TL2011 pretest on a different machine, and the problem persists.

> Simon, can you provide information what your situation is? Then I
> can tell you the next commands for debugging the situation.

I have TL2011 pretest installed on an iMac and on a MacBookPro. Both are Intel, both are 64bit, both run 10.6.7. On both systems, TL2011 runs fine except for xindy which doesn't work neither with the 64bit or 32bit distribution. It works if I switch back to TL2010.

Simon
--
Simon Spiegel
Steinhaldenstr. 50

Telephon: ++41 44 451 5334
Mobophon: ++41 76 459 6039

http://www.simifilm.ch

„Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That is why they call it the present.“