[tex-live] luatex version in tlmgr

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue Jun 7 01:09:42 CEST 2011

[xetex side]

    (i don't even know where i would find xetex, other than in tl -- is
    there a current version on the sil site?

Not SIL.  I think the source repository in the xetex project on
sourceforge may be more or less up to date, but no standalone release
of xetex has been created for some years.

    i've been told there's no point in having xetex on ctan,

I also don't see a lot of point in mirroring either the TL or SF
development sources, and don't see any other options.

    but that is probably also true of luatex.)

As far as I can see, Taco creates releases that could actually be built.
So it doesn't seem bad for CTAN to hold them.  No worse than pdftex or
anything else, anyway.

Best,