[tex-live] tlmgr still has problems handling spaces in texlive's path

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Mon Jun 6 04:00:51 CEST 2011

On So, 05 Jun 2011, Philipp Stephani wrote:
>       system("$xzdec < $xzfile_quote > $tarfile_quote");

Ok, here is a patch against current tlpretest.

I tried it from an installation that:
- was installed from an install-tl that is ina space-containing-path
- the network server also contained a space in the dir
- the destination also contains a space in the path

With this patch I could run install etc (but not --helP!) on linux.

If someone can test this on Mac and MOST IMPORTANT ON WINDOWS!!!!!
That would be great!!!!

> - TLPDB.pm lines 303 & 1359
> - TLUtils.pm lines 1471, 1891, 2158, 2216, 2251, 2274, 3331

Not all of them have been changed, only some.

Best wishes

Norbert