[tex-live] TL-2011 pretest, so far...
herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Jun 2 17:06:15 CEST 2011
Just installed the TL-2011 pretest via the MacTeX-2011 pretest installer and all went smoothly.
I then ran my script to add my extra & commercial fonts and again, all went smoothly. Used TeX Live Utility with one of the pretest repositories and ditto.
Testing so far shows a couple of things:
1)Biber 0.9 is supplied but the latest version is 0.9.2 (I'm using x86_64-darwin). For me one significant change is that the directory in which the bib file resides need not be writable (I have a test file that uses tugboat.bib whose enclosing directory is not writable under the MacTeX install).
2)I'm having problem including an eps file directly using xelatex (xdvipdmx back end). This works fine with TL-2010. I thought it might be a difference in the cfg files but I see no difference there. Both TL-2010 and TL-2011 are using the same (and only) gs 9.02 on my system which was installed by the MacTeX-2011 pretest installer.
And one wish... I would sure like to see the microtype package updated for TL-2011. The 2.5 <beta-6> version I've been using has been very stable for me and I've replaced the v2.4 that comes with TL-2011 with that beta and (after running `sudo texhash`) it seems to work fine.
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)
More information about the tex-live