[tex-live] Xindy broken in TL2011 pretest?

Simon Spiegel simon at simifilm.ch
Thu Jun 2 12:29:40 CEST 2011

Hi,

I just installed MacTeX 2011 pretest. My two book projects seem to compile just fine, but there's a problem with xindy. The binary is there and it outputs the help message (xindy -V gives me "xindy release: 2.4 xindy script version: 1.16"), but when I try to use it with an .idx file, nothing happens. No error message, no file seems to be touched, nothing.

Simon
--
Simon Spiegel
Steinhaldenstr. 50

Telephon: ++41 44 451 5334
Mobophon: ++41 76 459 6039

http://www.simifilm.ch

„I have never been certain that the moral of the Icarus myth is, as is generally accepted, 'don't fly too high', or whether it might also be thought of as: 'forget about the wax and feathers, and do a better job on the wings.“ Stanley Kubrick