[tex-live] TeXLive 2011 infrastructure update fails on Windows

T T t34www at googlemail.com
Sat Jul 23 00:00:29 CEST 2011

On 22 July 2011 18:39, Wolfgang Keller <feliphil at gmx.net> wrote:

> after installing TeXLive 2011 (minimal install at first) and starting up
> tlmgr, it tells me that there are infrastructure updates available.

That is odd, since TL'11 was just released and there aren't yet any
infrastructure updates to it.

> However, the update fails reproducibly. Here's the content of
> update-self.log:

There is no indication in the log that the update failed.

> TL>echo self update: texlive.infra (20975 -> 23180) texlive.infra.win32
> TL>(18978 -> 22945) tlperl.win32 (19540 -> 23119) 1>con

These revision numbers are too old for TL'11.  Are you telling us the
whole story?  Have you installed TL'10 and updated that?

> TL>echo Infrastructure update finished successfully. 1>con

> After this update, tlmgr will no longer start, perl.exe crashes
> imediately after I enter tlmgr --gui at the tl-portable prompt.

Crashes how?  Any error message?  Does command line tlmgr work?

Cheers,

Tomek