[tex-live] All hyphen-packages necessary for UTF-8?

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Thu Jul 7 23:27:19 CEST 2011

Le 07/07/2011 18:13, Philipp a écrit :
> On Thu, 7 Jul 2011 17:38:48 +0200
> Mojca Miklavec <mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I didn't ask about kpsewhich. I wanted to know what
>>     kpsewhich language.dat
>> returns you.
>
> Sorry.
>
> # kpsewhich language.dat
> /usr/local/share/texmf/tex/generic/config/language.dat

Ok, this is the static file with all language. As mojca said, a custom file
containing only the language actually present in your installation should be
generated and saved in TEXMFVAR. The port is probably faulty for not generating
this file.

> I merged the ports tree from http://code.google.com/p/freebsd-texlive/ into my own. So I didn't use the original TeXLive DVD.

I suggest you contact the port maintainer and inform him of your problem, citing
this discussion for reference. If the port maintainer needs to further discuss
the issue, there is a dedicated mailing-list for texlive packaging:
tldistro-at-tug.org.

Meanwhile, installing all language collections is probably the easiest way for
you to get a working installation.

Manuel.