[tex-live] Building TeXLive iso image

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Mon Jul 4 20:35:19 CEST 2011

Le 04/07/2011 18:50, Vafa Khalighi a écrit :
> I have got a copy of TeXLive repository on my machine which is about 4.7 GB
> (this is by rsync excluding .svn) but I can see that the TL10.iso at
> http://ctan.unsw.edu.au/systems/texlive/Images/ is almost 1.9GB.
>
> Can you please tell me how the iso image is built that it is 1.9GB?

The images use the content of tlnet (currently tlpretest) which is the
compressed versions of the packages. This is the case since TL'2010, previous
versions had the uncompressed content on the DVD so that it could be used "Live"
(hence the name).

Now, Live versions have to be created, but the installer offers support for
that, so it's quite easy and allows to create custom live installations.

Manuel.