[tex-live] Hi! I don't arrive to build texlive from the source, could you help me?

T T t34www at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 23 19:38:17 CET 2011

On 23 January 2011 15:42, Philip Taylor (Webmaster, Ret'd)
<P.Taylor at rhul.ac.uk> wrote:

> Philipp Stephani wrote:
>
>> NTFS has supported hard links and directory junctions since 1999 and
>> Unix-style symbolic links since 2007.
>
> The problem is (if recent tests suggested by Reinhard
> are significant) is not the lack of support for links,
> directory junctions, etc., but that the standard unpacker
> used for TeXlive files is not aware of these.

What problem?  Would NTFS links even work on *nix systems?  Until
recently NTFS on Linux was mounted read-only out of fear of data
corruption.  And even if NTFS links do work on some systems, will they
work on all of them?  Do you suggest we should blindly support some
obscure feature, just because it's there?  For what benefit?  C'mon,
let's get real.

Tomek