[tex-live] Palatino / figbas - ligatures for baroque music corrupting web pages(?!)

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Mon Jan 10 18:16:49 CET 2011

Hi Werner,

> That depends on ... on the wish of some users to have also Type1 fonts
> around fontconfig.

Yes I know that problem too well being in the same position as you ;-)

>  In the meanwhile I've split off the Type1 into
> /etc/fonts/conf.avail/09-texlive-type1.conf and have *not* relinked
> it to /etc/fonts/conf.d/ to avoid this and other troubles.

Good idea. The best thing, but unfortunately unrealistic is to check all fonts for proper distinguished font names. But even then some bad things might happen, I remember an infinte bug report of mine wrt to expert font sets and Ooo stupidity in parsing attributes.

> Nevertheless
> the rest that is opentype and truetype are enabled due XeLaTeX.
> This was an other bug report.

That is ok afais from Debian.

All the best

Norbert