[tex-live] something wrong with t1lmvtt.fd from lmodern

jfbu jfbu at free.fr
Sun Jan 9 18:36:29 CET 2011

Hi,

I think there is a typo in t1lmvtt.fd which I discovered as I wanted to
try out

\usepackage[lighttt]{lmodern}

indeed, here is the beginning of the file, I list it until the line
where i think there is a typo

% This file belongs to the Latin Modern package. The work is released
% under the GUST Font License. See the MANIFEST-Latin-Modern.txt and
% README-Latin-Modern.txt files for the details. For the most recent
version of
% this license see
http://www.gust.org.pl/fonts/licenses/GUST-FONT-LICENSE.txt
% or http://tug.org/fonts/licenses/GUST-FONT-LICENSE.txt

\ProvidesFile{t1lmvtt.fd}[2009/10/30 v1.6 Font defs for Latin Modern]
\DeclareFontFamily{T1}{lmvtt}{}

\ifx\lmtt at use@light at as@normal\@empty
% macro defined, so we use the light variant as medium (m), and
% medium as semi-bold (sb):
\DeclareFontShape{T1}{lmvtt}{sb}{n}
      {<-> ec-lmvtt10}{}
\DeclareFontShape{T1}{lmvtt}{sb}{sl}
      {<-> ec-lmvtto10}{}
\DeclareFontShape{T1}{lmvtt}{sb}{it}
      {<->sub*lmvtt/m/sl}{}
%%%%%%%% light (l) and dark (b) variants:
\DeclareFontShape{T1}{lmvtt}{m}{n}
      {<-> ec-lmvtl10}{}
\DeclareFontShape{T1}{lmvtt}{m}{sl}
      {<-> ec-lmvtlo10}{}
\DeclareFontShape{T1}{lmvtt}{m}{it}
      {<->sub*lmvtt/l/sl}{}
[ rest skipped ]
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

I think the two lines above should read
\DeclareFontShape{T1}{lmvtt}{m}{it}
      {<->sub*lmvtt/m/sl}{}

wherre I simply replaced an 'l' by an 'm'

indeed before doing this I had an error while trying to compile a tex
source
using latin modern light typewriter font:

! No declaration for shape T1/lmvtt/l/sl.

after manually correcting the t1lmvtt.fd file as indicated above, my
source compiles ok
(and the dvi does display an oblique typewriter font in variant light)

cheers,

Jean-Francois