[tex-live] libertine wrongly packaged

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Thu Dec 29 18:05:31 CET 2011

Am Thu, 29 Dec 2011 06:44:22 -0500 schrieb Bob Tennent:

> Ulricke:
>
>> libertine-legacy installs/contains also the old fx***.otf-file and
>> these conflict with the newer ones
>
> Please try just deleting these otf files.

I did this actually before posting and it works. But such fonts have
a tendency to reappear at updates ;-(.

> On my Linux system your example produces

>> kpathsea: Invalid fontname `Linux Libertine O', contains ' '

You don't have the fonts in a place searched by fontconfig. In
miktex the font folder of the texmf-trees are added by default to
fontconfig. My .conf-file contains entries like
<dir>J:\MiKTeX2.9\fonts\opentype</dir>.

In TeXlive you must add the trees yourself

http://tug.org/texlive/doc/texlive-en/texlive-en.html#x1-350003.4.4

(not that I recommend it, as you can see it can leads to problems if
fontconfig searches to much locations)

--
Ulrike Fischer