[tex-live] [TexLive-Installation] [texworks] LaTeXmk-config for Win

Andreas Hirsch cursus.publicus at sacrumromanumimperium.org
Mon Dec 26 11:46:07 CET 2011

Hi all,

quoting Lars Madsen, [30.08.2011 09:55 +0100]:
> Andreas Hirsch wrote, On 2011-08-29 16:30:
>> quoting Herbert Schulz, [29.08.2011 15:07 +0100]:

>> Under Windows, I'll didn't find the right quotings (latexmk-manual page

>>> I don't know Windows eccentricities but I'd try to eliminate the
>>> single quotes from the offending line.
>>>
>>> Another alternative is to place all the special configuration stuff
>>> in a file and use the -r option to read in that file. That way I can
>>> install lots of configuration stuff without extending the command.
>>
>> doesn't work for me:
>>
>> O:\schule\unterricht>latexmk -e $latex=q/latex -synctex=1 S/ -pdfps
>> s_m10_2_8l.tex
>> Latexmk: Stopping because executing following code from command line
>>     $latex=q/latex
>> gave an error:
>>     Can't find string terminator "/" anywhere before EOF at (eval 17)
>> line 1.
>>
>> U:\texlive\bin\win32\runscript.tlu:575: command failed with exit code 2:
>> perl.exe u:/texlive/texmf-dist/scripts/latexmk/latexmk.pl -e
>> $latex=q/latex -synctex=1 S/ -pdfps s_m10_2_8l.tex
>>

> on the command line you will need single quotes since -e option is
> expecting a string (I think). But in the configuration of TW, the
> parsing of options to the command may be slightly different (through a
> different shell). Thus what you need to write on the commandline to make
> the option work, may not be the same thing you need to specify in the TW
> configuration.

Finally I found some useful hints at
http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/18936/configure-latexmk-in-texworks-0-2-3
and now things work as expected

My config now looks like
http://members.gaponline.de/afj/latex/latexmkps_texworks_win.png

(I omitted -t a4 because this switch interferes with the mechanism to
autodetect landscape

Andreas

--
'Wir lieben Menschen,
 die frisch heraus sagen, was sie denken.