[tex-live] libertine wrongly packaged

Bob Tennent rdt at cs.queensu.ca
Mon Dec 19 15:31:48 CET 2011

 >|Could you prepare a zip/tar.gz file in texmf layout containing:
 >|- the pfb fonts
 >|- the necessary support files
 >|- the "fixed" .sty file etc?
 >|
 >|I think then w can upload it once to CTAN and include it in TL.
 >|After that probably not many changes are necessary. Those who
 >|want newer things have to go for the new version in xetex/luatex.

Done and uploaded to cam.ctan.org as a libertine-legacy package. There
are libertine.sty files in both the new libertine package at CTAN and
the libertine-legacy package I've just uploaded. I'm unwilling to
re-name the latter because it's a file that users will definitely have
referenced in their sources. The former is just a stub that announces
that libertine.sty is no longer supported; in my opinion it should be
deleted. And it would seem from the other such stubs that the former
libertine maintainer has played this game of cutting off his users
before; not consistent with TeX traditions.

Bob T.