[tex-live] TeX Live 2011 License Audit - Non Free Items [01/02]

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat Dec 17 02:22:53 CET 2011

    * authoraftertitle
    Reason: The only indication of license is "License: Absolutely Free :)",
    which, while cute, is not a license.

Agreed.  I have removed it from TL.

Robin, please change it to other-nonfree in the Catalogue, if you're
so inclined.

    This code is circa 2006 and the author appears to be "Matthias
    Bilger", so there is a possibility that the author would be willing
    to put a real license on their code to resolve this issue. No
    attempt at contacting Matthias Bilger has yet been made.

I do hope someone will try to contact Bilger, but I cannot take that on.

Thanks,
Karl

P.S. Let me also mention, in response to:

    Fedora is easing up on its previous stance of dealing with code
    which is indicated by the original copyright holder as being in the
    Public Domain.

I am very *very* glad to hear that