[tex-live] Synctex in TL 2011 requiring redundant /./

Akira Kakuto kakuto at fuk.kindai.ac.jp
Wed Aug 17 00:46:10 CEST 2011

Dear Klement,

>     I find this syntax for synctex very counterintuitive, and I wonder if
>     this is intentional and will it last?
>
> Presumably it should be supported but not required.
>
> Writing Jerome now, will cc you.  Synctex is his baby.

That feature is due to Taco.
In TL 2010, synctex didn't work if one used --output-directory=foo.
Taco changed the way to write file names in order to support
synctex also in this case. Namely file names are always written by
full path. The sipmlest and robust way must be not to distinguish
various input names such as foo, ./foo, ../foo ... as Taco
adopted. Therefore if kpse_absolute_p(fullnameoffile, false) returns
false, the name is always written as
xgetcwd()/fullnameoffile.

Best,
Akira