[tex-live] lualibs not found on Linux 64 bits

Mon Aug 15 15:55:33 CEST 2011

Am 15.08.2011 15:25, schrieb Michel Goossens:

> Notwithstanding the fact that I rebooted my system (Linux 64 bits) twice and even reinstalled the whole of texlive this morning, I see the same behaviour as Herbert first observed before a reboot seemed to have forced the problem to go magically away.
>
> I am not so lucky and got stuck with the messages:
>
> ~$ mkluatexfontdb -v
>   ...goossens/texlive/2011/bin/x86_64-linux/mkluatexfontdb:12: module
>   'lualibs' not found:
> 	no field package.preload['lualibs']
>     	[kpse lua searcher] file not found: 'lualibs'
> 	[kpse C searcher] file not found: 'lualibs'
> ~$ uname -a
> Linux pcapsec1.cern.ch 2.6.32-131.6.1.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Wed Jul 13 09:00:34 CEST
>
> The file lualibs.lua is present both in the texmf-dist directory as well as in the file ls-R

I have now the same behaviour again, lualibs is not found.
So investigated again and found the problem: I set
TEXINPUTS to a specific value which is the source of
the problem.  When I do a

unset TEXINPUTS

the lualibs.lua is found

Herbert