[tex-live] Can't change the repository under Windows 7

Philip TAYLOR (Webmaster, Ret'd) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Sun Aug 7 16:59:19 CEST 2011

Fadi Semmo wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I tried to change my repository for TeXLive 2011 under Windows 7 using the command line.
> However, it's not working like it did with TeXLive 2010.

I am surprised, since I get the same error message using
your incantation under TeX Live 2010.

> When I use the GUI version of the TeXLive Manager I can update all packages. If I change the repository there, the URL does not get saved though.
>
> Here's what I get using the command line to change my repository:
>
> C:\Windows\System32>tlmgr -repository http://ftp.fernuni-hagen.de/ftp-dir/pub/mirrors/www.ctan.org/systems/texlive/tlnet/
> E:\texlive\2011\texmf\scripts\texlive\tlmgr.pl: missing action; try --help if you need it.

But the HELP output from my TeX Live 2010 "tlmgr" suggests
the following :

> "tlmgr option repository http://mirror.ctan.org/systems/texlive/tlnet"
>     Tell "tlmgr" to use a nearby CTAN mirror for future updates; useful
>     if you installed TeX Live from the DVD image.

Perhaps you could try that syntax using TeX Live 2011 and
see if it helps.

Philip Taylor