[tex-live] latex2e update

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Aug 4 00:50:26 CEST 2011

We've installed the LaTeX 2e update from around June 30 for tonight's
update.  This should force a rebuild of lots of associated formats --
cslatex, jadetex, lua(la)tex, p(la)tex, xe(la)tex, xmltex.  Some
not-strictly-necessary format rebuilds should happen too, such as plain
luatex and xetex, since they're in the same package.

Although we've updated formats before, it's never happened for LaTeX2e.
So there may be unexpected problems.  If so, please bear with us.

Heiko warns that his "atveryend" package (oberdiek bundle) may have an
incompatibility with this update.  If it turns out to be problematic, he
will release a fix shortly.

Perhaps one of the LaTeX folks on this list would like to speak to what
the changes actually are (or put out a new ltnews installment?).  The
base/changes.txt file lists the following, FWIW:

2011-05-08  Will Robertson

        * ltfssdcl.dtx: Bruno's improvement to \in@

2011-02-25  Will Robertson

        * ltfntcmd.dtx: Bug fix for 2009-12 change to address pr/4092

2011-02-24  Frank Mittelbach

        * lppl.tex: removed spurious \null from the source that generates
                an empty line.

Good luck to us all,
karl