[tex-live] Location of Lua binary extension modules

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Wed Apr 27 07:58:52 CEST 2011

On 04/27/2011 12:47 AM, Karl Berry wrote:
>      The downside is that it is not possible to e.g. install extension
>      modules in a home directory.
>
> I think people advanced enough to need that can be allowed to set
> CLUAINPUTS as an environment variable.  That's what extra colons are
> for, after all.  I wouldn't want to guess or prescribe any
> platform-specific structure under TEXMFHOME, etc.

That reminds me that someone (maybe Philipp) complained that the 'clua'
kpathsea search returns both dll and so files, regardless of it is used
on windows or on a unix-style platform. At some point, we should
probably fix kpathsea so that it returns only files for the current
platform.

Best wishes,
Taco