[tex-live] command \pause is ignored in pdfslide

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Sun Apr 24 16:20:09 CEST 2011

On 2011-04-24 at 08:45:43 +0700, Lê Hồng Phi wrote:

 > Hello
 >
 > I used package pdfslide, but command \pause is ignored in file
 > pdf. In demo file, the command \pause still active. How can I do to
 > obtain the result as demo file? Thank you very much.

AFAIK, you have to post-process your PDF file with the program
ppower4.  This program is written in Java, so you probably have to
install Java before.

The \pause command just puts comments into the PDF file which tell
ppower4 how to re-arrange pages.

If you are using TeX Live 2010, you probably have to add

  \usepackage{pdf14}

to your source file and run pdftex again.  This turns off object
stream compression, which was invented after ppower4.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25