[tex-live] mpost doesn't find format files

Uwe Siart usenet at siart.de
Sun Apr 17 11:41:23 CEST 2011

When I call mpost it dies away with the error

,----
| format name mpost not written in fmtutil.cnf.
| Running the command C:\Programme\texlive\2010\bin\win32\fmtutil.exe
|
| Sorry, I can't find the 'mpost' mem file; will try 'plain'.format name plain not written in fmtutil.cnf.
| Running the command C:\Programme\texlive\2010\bin\win32\fmtutil.exe
|
| I can't find the 'plain' mem file!
`----

'tlmgr generate fmtutil' and 'fmtutil-sys --all' didn't help. The
problem remains unchanged.

Checking for fmtutil.cnf I found two of them:

,----
| c:\Programme\texlive\2010\texmf\web2c\fmtutil.cnf
| c:\Programme\texlive\2010\texmf-var\web2c\fmtutil.cnf
`----

The one in texmf-var was refreshed by tlmgr. But none of the two lists a
format named 'mpost'.

Is this a TL problem? Do I have a chance to fix it?

--
Uwe