[tex-live] TeXLive has no stable source tree and resorts to DVD with binaries?

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 10:30:46 CEST 2011

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 4:09 AM, Kārlis Repsons
<karlis.repsons at gmail.com> wrote:
 On the other hand, struggling with
> more package conflicts or incompatible changes can too take time. It just then
> might go off more quietly than what it takes to provide that inter-package
> stabilization (is what I meant with "all-stable").

It is a known fact that some of TL packages  are incompatible - or
incompatible with some documentclasses. However it is not a reason to
exclude these packages from TL  - just one should not use them
simultaneously.

There are deprecated packages in TL - for compatibility reasons. There
are known and trivial to fix bugs in some packages. But it is up to
the package authors to fix them.

Basically TL is a delivery and update system and TL team neither
develops packages nor fixes them (albeit some members of it do it in
their "other" lives).

Victor