[tex-live] TeXLive has no stable source tree and resorts to DVD with binaries?

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Wed Apr 13 21:00:44 CEST 2011

On Mi, 13 Apr 2011, Kārlis Repsons wrote:
> Well, I try to understand what's the difference between the development source
> tree and the current binaries in tlnet from a point of view of an obtained
> runnable system...

??? As said, the binaries have not been upgrded in any way since tl2010
release on DVD, i.e., branch2010. That was stated already several times.

And it still escapes my understanding what on earth you are trying
to achieve, besides asking questions.

You say you want to build your own system: So did you check out either
the branch or trunk and did try to run the Build script? If no, why
don't you *first* start to build yourself and *afterwards* ask questions?

Best wishes

Norbert