[tex-live] [pdftex] BUG pdftex-1.40.11 TeXLive 2010 (win32)

Alexander Grahn A.Grahn at hzdr.de
Fri Apr 8 16:50:21 CEST 2011

On Fri, Apr 08, 2011 at 11:03:51PM +0900, Akira Kakuto wrote:
>> > I encountered a bug in current pdftex-1.40.11 of TeXLive 2010
>> > on the Win32 platform.
>>
>> Confirmed. I don't yet understand why.
>
>I've found that a pdf file cannot be read after
>\pdfximage in getmd5sum(). Probably the file is locked for
>some reason. In the case of \immediate\pdfximage, the file
>can be read.

Thanks for investigating the issue.

\immediate\pdfximage writes the XObject to the PDF. I don't want to
be forced to write it out at once. \pdfximage and \pdfmdfivesum are
completely unrelated commands and should not interfere at all. Therefore,
I still consider it a bug and hopefully somebody will take care of it.

Alexander