[tex-live] [TLContrib] context and metapost duplicating files from other packages

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue Apr 5 00:05:20 CEST 2011

    metapost is made dependent on all of: avantgar, bookman, courier, groff,
    helvetic, ncntrsbk, palatino, times & zapfchan (CC TeXlive).

Yuck.

How about if we instead move the *8g files (in both TL and TLC) to
texmf-dist/fonts/*/metapost/* -- no avantgar, etc., subdirs, and
"metapost" instead of "groff".  Then it will be clear that they belong
to metapost.  Does that suit the situation?

I see no good reason for files that are maintained as part of
metapost to be part of those weird avantgar/etc. packages.

Thanks,
karl