[tex-live] Symlinks for texdef script

Martin Scharrer martin at scharrer-online.de
Sun Apr 3 23:03:03 CEST 2011

Hello,

thanks for including my TeX support script 'texdef' in the TeXLive
distribution.
I saw that (under Linux) the TeXLive package correctly installs a
'texdef' symlink to the 'texdef.pl' script:

/usr/local/texlive/2010/bin/x86_64-linux/texdef ->
../../texmf-dist/scripts/texdef/texdef.pl

The script can print macro definitions for plainTeX, LaTeX and other
flavors like Lua(La)TeX, Xe(La)TeX and ConTeXt.
The flavor is mainly selected over the filename, i.e. the name of the
symbolic link.

Because LaTeX is one of the main targeted flavors I would like to ask
you to also include a 'latexdef' symlink to the 'texdef.pl' script:

/usr/local/texlive/2010/bin/x86_64-linux/latexdef ->
../../texmf-dist/scripts/texdef/texdef.pl

as described in the INSTALL file included with the script.

Further, optional possible symlinks would be:

etexdef
contextdef
lualatexdef
luatexdef