[tex-live] tl2010: no backup for auto-removed pkgs

Harald Koenig koenig at tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de
Wed Sep 15 01:16:56 CEST 2010

On Sep 14, Staszek Wawrykiewicz wrote:

> On Tue, 14 Sep 2010, Harald Koenig wrote:
>
> >I just run "tlmgr update --all" on my pristine tl2010 installation
> >with backups enabled:
> > [1/127] auto-remove: antp
> > [2/127] auto-remove: biblatex-chicago-notes-df
> >and now I notice that there are no backup files for antp and
> >biblatex-chicago-notes-df :-(
>
> ant is now obsolete (also on CTAN), and replaced by "poltawski", thus was
> removed. biblatex-chicago-notes-df was replaced by
> "biblatex-chicago".

it's not about *why* those packages got removed/changed but how to
revert to an older version for whatever reason... (I thought that's
what a backup should be good for).

if for whatever reason someone depends on the old version of the
Antykwa Półtawskiego fonts he can't just step back to the last backup now.

Harald
--
"I hope to die                                      ___       _____
before I *have* to use Microsoft Word.",           0--,|    /OOOOOOO\