[tex-live] issue with flashvideo

Heiko Oberdiek heiko.oberdiek at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 6 19:30:27 CEST 2010

On Mon, Sep 06, 2010 at 05:40:53PM +0200, Pablo Rodríguez wrote:

> using TeXLive 2010, I have a problem with the following document:
>
> \documentclass{article}
> \usepackage{flashmovie}
> \begin{document}
> test
>
> \flashmovie[width=10cm,height=10cm,engine=flv-player,auto=1]{saturn5.avi}
> \end{document}
>
> saturn5.avi, no matter which permissions it has, cannot be found by
> pdftex (and the file is located on the same directory as the tex
> source file). The error reads:
>
> <<saturn5.avi>>
> ! pdfTeX error (ext5): cannot open file for embedding.
> \flashmovieembedfileinternal ...edFile } file {#1}
>                                                    \immediate
> \pdfobj { << /...
> l.6 ...10cm,engine=flv-player,auto=1]{saturn5.avi}
>
> Could anyone check whether this works on TeXLive 2010?

The same, because it doesn't complain a missing `saturn5.avi'.
It also needs the player `player_flv_maxi.swf', but that
file is installed in
  TDS:doc/latex/flashmovie/player_flv_maxi.swf
In this location it isn't found by pdfTeX, therefore it should
be moved to
  TDS:tex/latex/flashmovie/player_flv_maxi.swf

Yours sincerely
  Heiko Oberdiek