[tex-live] The adforn package.

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 21:57:59 CEST 2010

2010/10/5  <cfrees at imapmail.org>:

> But why does it work if the fd file is in my home texmf directory?
> (That is, under ~/Library/texmf/tex/latex.) I realise there is no ls-R
> involved in this case but that doesn't explain (to me, anyway), why tex
> uses the file without complaint in that case. Does tex use a different
> search algorithm in that case which manipulates the case of the
> filename differently? (And, if so, why?!)

Your home texmf does not use ls-R (it may be there but kpathsea does
not use it). Thus if the file system is not case sensitive, the file
is found. It is the same case in OS/2 because the HPFS file system is
case preserving but not case sensitive and renaming the file to
lowercase is a bit tricky.

--
Zdeněk Wagner
http://hroch486.icpf.cas.cz/wagner/