[tex-live] Fortran and Pascal sources

Bob Tennent rdt at cs.queensu.ca
Mon Oct 4 14:55:44 CEST 2010

Hi. I'm preparing CTAN distributions of two packages, hoping to get
them into texlive. The packages have Fortran and Pascal source files.
(I'm not the developer of either.) One can build the executables
either directly (using g77 or FreePascal, respectively), or indirectly
(using f2c or p2c, respectively, followed by gcc). Does texlive have a
preference? Or are both feasible/infeasible? Note that the f2c route for
Fortran would require the availability of libf2c at link time, even if
the translation were done a priori.

Bob T.