[tex-live] PK fonts characters left blank by "dvips -P pdf" on windows

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Wed Nov 17 13:30:06 CET 2010

On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 10:45:22PM +0000, Karl Berry wrote:
>     > The font is bbm (I doubt there is a PostScript ouline version).
>
> Taco pointed out to me a while ago that there are type1 fonts in the Y&Y
> distribution for mathbb.
> http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/3523/mathbbz-is-not-displayed-correctly
>
> Since the material created by Y&Y is now definitely free (owned by TUG),
> there's no problem using them.  Perhaps someone would like to extract
> those fonts and release them to CTAN?  Otherwise, I'll get to it
> eventually ...

I extracted the pfb files (with associated afm, pfm), wrote a map file
and it seems to work, but y&y fonts lack 17, 12, 9 and 8 points, so the
map file now looks like:

bbold17 BBOLD17 <bbold10.pfb
bbold12 BBOLD12 <bbold10.pfb
bbold10 BBOLD10 <bbold10.pfb
bbold9 BBOLD9 <bbold10.pfb
bbold8 BBOLD8 <bbold7.pfb
bbold7 BBOLD7 <bbold7.pfb
bbold5 BBOLD5 <bbold5.pfb

Is this right, or should I leave the missing sizes out so that bitmap
fonts are used there?
Also what license should I select when uploading to CTAN, the README
says it is a permissive license but does not specify any.

Regards,
 Khaled

--
 Khaled Hosny