[tex-live] texmf tree

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Tue Nov 16 23:21:36 CET 2010

Lars Madsen <daleif at imf.au.dk> wrote:

> On 2010-11-16 19:08, cfrees at imapmail.org wrote:

> >> exactly where?
> >
> > /usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf-dist/doc/fonts/memdesign
>
> well it might actually make sense to place it there. On CTAN it lives
> in info/memdesign/, and there really isn't a good mapping of info in
> TL.
>
> memdesign actually talk about several fonts.

it's more about typesetting in general.  any text on typesetting will
(almost inevitably) talk about several fonts.

which is not to say that there is an _obvious_ place to have the
document in tl.  to an extent it doesn't matter, but i agree with clea:
its present location has the potential for confusion.

robin