[tex-live] Update all installed failed

Philip Taylor (Webmaster, Ret'd) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Mon Nov 15 19:01:18 CET 2010

Philipp Stephani wrote:

 > Transactional file system operations have been available since Windows Vista, so that should be no problem in principle.

Errmmm ... Maybe not for "early adopters".  But Vista was
a heap of ****, and Windows 7, whilst considerably better
than Vista (not difficult !) seems to offer insufficient
advantages to make it sensible to upgrade from XP.  (Where,
for example, has "Repair this wireless connection" gone ?!).

So I really think that in planning changes to TLMGR and
similar we should bear in mind that the majority of
the Windows user base may be unable to take advantage of
anything that relies in transactional file system
operations that are not present in XP.

** Phil.