[tex-live] texworks in TL 2010

Philip Taylor (Webmaster, Ret'd) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Sat Nov 13 13:17:16 CET 2010

Axel E. Retif wrote:

> I'm replying from my Windows box. I pasted your example in TeXworks and
> immediately he typesetting format changed from pdfLaTeX to XeLaTeX.

Yes, the behaviour seems to be time/context sensitive.
Repeating your tests replicates your experienced
behaviour, but if I then reset the engine to TeX,
it fails as before.  I think that my expectations
were not aligned with reality : I expected the %!TS
pragmats to have an effect when the green "Go" button
was pressed, not at any other time.

** Phil.