[tex-live] TEXINPUTS on windows

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Sun Nov 7 01:00:00 CET 2010

Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org> wrote:

>     the problem with using localtexmf is the tds.
>
> Agreed.  I just answered that.
>
>     robin
>     who gets to put right the broken .tds.zip files that get uploaded to
>     ctan.
>
> Yeah, and I'm the one who gets to detect them.

not the only one -- i detect a good proportion before you're troubled
with them.  (i'm pleased to say...)

> (I seem to be feeling
> especially curmudgeonly today.)  I can't say that .tds.zip has turned
> out to be anything but a time sink for me, overall.  When they're right,
> they're fine, but they are too often wrong.

the problem with out-of-date ones would be caught automatically (and
dealt with by me) before you were bothered by them, if the arrangement
of the time zones were different.  mostly.

i guess i need to move to some mid-western state.

robin