[tex-live] equivs list for ubuntu

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Thu May 27 15:42:18 CEST 2010

Le 27/05/2010 11:22, Lars Madsen a écrit :
> Hi, does anyone have an updated equivs file for ubuntu?
>
> I use the TUG TeXLive, and is doing some tests with ubuntu. I've
> installed the debian vanilla equivs as mentioned on the texlive page.
> But it is not complete, at least not for Ubuntu.

I just updated it so it is more complete.

> trying to install kile, ubuntu wants to remove texlive-local and want to
> install loads of ubuntu texlive packages.

However, on Debian testing, I still get problems with Kile. (Texworks and
texmaker are OK.) More precisely, dblatex is causing problems. I recommend
installing kile with

aptitude install -o 'APT::Install-Rcommends=0' kile

which should work (please report if it doesn't), and then manually installing
the desired packages from the recommends list, excluding the package that are
causing problems, like dblatex.

I fail to understand why dblatex insists on installing all those packages. Oh,
wait, I just had an idea. The Depends: line of dblatex reads:

Depends: python, python-support (>= 0.90.0), docbook-xml, xsltproc |
python-4suite-xml, python-apt (>= 0.7.91), texlive (>= 2009),
texlive-bibtex-extra (>= 2009), texlive-latex-extra (>= 2009),
texlive-math-extra (>= 2009), texlive-extra-utils (>= 2009)

Could it be that the versions are the culprit? Like, the dummy package build
with equivs lacks version information, so dblatex is not satisfied with it?

A Debianer, please ? Norbert ?

Thanks,
Manuel.