[tex-live] Problem Installin Emerald.sty

Panciz dav.poletti at gmail.com
Fri May 21 08:15:34 CEST 2010

I tried to manually install the emerald package.

I copied the fonts and fonts trees in texmf and texmf-dist and a I ran

updmap --enable emerlad.map
updmap-sys --enable emerlad.map

If I compile my latex file as superuser everything works but when I try to run
as normal user I get:

pdflatex file.tex

kpathsea:Running mktexpk --mfmode / --bdpi 600 --mag 0+480/600 --dpi 480 faumw8r
mktexpk:don't know how to create bitmap font for faumw8r.
kpathsea:Appending font creation commands to missfont.log.

Only as superuser I can get through the compilation.
All the user have read permission on the font files.

I use tex-live2009 on slackware13.

Any idea???

Thanks