[tex-live] Install on a network (Samba server and Windows desktops)

Denis Bitouzé dbitouze at wanadoo.fr
Tue May 18 10:51:55 CEST 2010

Le mardi 18/05/10 à 10h35,
Zdenek Wagner <zdenek.wagner at gmail.com> a écrit :

> This is the right section. First when you install TL, you have to go
> to selection of platforms and select all that you plan to use. For
> unix-like systems you have to mount the texmf-* trees and set PATH
> (and MANPATH if you need "man") to the correct directory. For
> windows-like systems you need to map a network drive and then use the
> script available from that very section to create shortcuts.

Well, sorry, actually I'm not an expert in network area: I just try to
help our computer technician to install TeX Live, not on all Windows
desktop, but just on the server, in order to make easier the
maintenance. So maybe my questions will seem very basic :)

1. The TL install will be done only on the (Linux) server, right?

2. Even Windows binary system may be installed on it?

Thanks!
--
Denis