[tex-live] TeXLive 2009 installer changes .pdf default viewer under win XP

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Sun May 16 08:12:04 CEST 2010

On So, 16 Mai 2010, Abdulrahman Al-Abdusalalm wrote:
> Yes I used the DVD which I downloaded few months back but I calculated the

Yes, that installer does have a problem AFAIR. Tomek can you confirm?

I think that you are running it anyway as normal user and not as
admin. You have to, also on WinXP, start a program as admin AFAIR.

I believe the problem is that now the changes are made in your User part
of the Registry, but I a not a Windows expert.

> Do you know if this problem was due to a change in windows registry by the
> DVD installer?

Yes, file associations are done in the registry.

Best wishes

Norbert