[tex-live] TeX Live net updates (tlnet) frozen

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Wed May 12 20:16:04 CEST 2010

Le 12/05/2010 19:53, Joel C. Salomon a écrit :
> On 05/12/2010 11:18 AM, Karl Berry wrote:
>> As previously warned, TeX Live net updates (tlnet) are now frozen …
>>
>> We'll continue to include CTAN updates in the live tree until
>> we have new binaries and are closer to the release.
>
> I’m confused.  I guess this means that
> <http://mirror.ctan.org/systems/texlive/tlnet> is frozen, but that there
> is another “live” tree that will be updated; is this “live tree”
> distinct from the TL 2010 testing?

I guess the "live tree" Karl was mentioning is our SVN repo, from which TL
2010-testing's tlnet as well as candidate DVD images will be derived.

Said otherwise, packages usually follow this way:

CTAN --(1)--> TL SVN --(2)--> tlnet

Arrow (2) is now blocked (and will soon be unblocked but with tlnet-testing as
its temporary new target). Arrow (1) will be blocked later, when TL 2010 is
nearly ready for its final release.

I hope it's clearer now.

Manuel.