[tex-live] bug report: dvisvgm cannot use TL

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Tue May 4 02:19:33 CEST 2010

On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 7:39 PM, Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org> wrote:
> Hi Axel,
>
>    I tried dvisvgm on two linux distributions, OpenSUSE 11.1 x86_64,
>    debian etch ...
>
> I'll get rid of the space in texfonts.map (which should be accepted, but
> there's no sense insisting on it), but the bug in dvisvgm needs to be
> reported to the program author and/or distro maintainers, depending on
> where you got it.

I compiled libkpathsea.a from TL build and placed it to

/usr/lib/libkpathsea.a

(from  pathto/kpathsea_source/texk/kpathsea/.deps/ if I remember correctly)

So, I was able to compile dvisvgm on MacOSX 10.6. I am not sure in
details (it was in Nov 2009) but my impression was that getting not
complete TL source but only kpathsea was sufficient (at least on
another computer I copied ONLY kpathsea directory and compiled - and
this was a different architecture). May be the source of kpathsea as a
separate download could be provided?

Victor