[tex-live] tlnet freeze coming soon

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon May 3 01:40:32 CEST 2010

In hopes of finishing the software release substantially earlier this
year than previously, we expect to freeze tlnet updates for TL'09 in a
few days, so we can finalize the changes for TL'10.

We expect to still keep up with CTAN updates until we are building
candidate releases, so it's not urgent for package developers to make
immediate releases or anything.  More announcements when the time comes.

Best,
Karl

P.S. Since people ask about this every year: Although it's technically
conceivable to continue tlnet updates while working on the new version,
we simply don't have the time available to keep multiple trees up to
date; automatic merge tools don't suffice, unfortunately.  Maybe next
year ...